Institute of Pure and Applied Physics (IPAP) emphasizes the importance of privacy to its entire staff and everyone involved in its operations. IPAP is committed to hold in confidentiality of any personal information collected through its activities. In order to achieve this, the following policy is enforced.
- When we request for personal information, the purpose of gathering information and the contact address of IPAP will be provided. The information thus collected will be used reasonably and in accordance with the stated purpose.
- The confidentiality of your personal information is maintained. We do not disclose your information to third parties without prior consent to disclosure except for legitimate reasons.
- In order to process your order and respond to your requests, we may disclose your personal information to other companies or organizations. We ensure through verification that these companies will protect the information against leakage, loss, and misuse.
- We have implemented appropriate security measures to protect your personal information against alterations, loss, and unauthorized access.
- We will respond rapidly to any requests for correction and verification of your personal information stored in IPAP.
- IPAP respects applicable law or standards concerning privacy of personal information collected by it. We will review our policy regularly and amend it as required by the law or standards.
Purpose of Gathering Your Information
IPAP will use the information you provide for the following.
- Delivery of print and online IPAP publications.
- Confirmation of payment for purchase of the publications and publication charges.
- Delivery of subscription renewal notice.
- Delivery of information or services associated with our publications.
- Confirmation of a request for our information services and events.
- Delivery of the information services.
- Conducting a survey on the usage of our publications to offer improved and better services.
- Checking if you are a member of our societies. [Your information may be referred to the member list of The Physical Society of Japan (JPS) and The Japan Society of Applied Physics (JSAP). We will refer to the list to verify whether you are a member of JPS or JSAP.]
If you have any comments and questions concerning this policy, please contact us at the following address.
- Institute of Pure and Applied Physics (IPAP)
- 5F, 2-31-22 Yushima, Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 113-0034, Japan
- Tel: +81-3-5844-3293
- Fax: +81-3-5844-3290